Description of the examination
This is an examination which allows to look at the inside of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum. During the examination, the doctor may collect samples for other examinations, e.g. samples of mucous membrane for histopathological examination or existence of H. Pylori bacteria which causes inflammations.
Indications for the examination:
- Abdominal pains
- Bleeding from digestive passage
- Evaluation of effectiveness of peptic ulcer disease treatment
- Foreign body or polyps removal
The examination should not be performed on people:
- Who have recently had a heart attack
- With a perforated ulcer
- Who do not cooperate with the doctor
Preparation for the examination:
- The patient should not eat or drink at least 4 hours before the examination.
- The patient should consciously sign an agreement for the examination.