Free use of basic medical services, including teleconsultation, referral for free coronavirus tests, the possibility of submitting an online declaration, or a 50% discount on a one-time consultation with a specialist, are just some of the reasons why you should choose Primary Healthcare (PHC) at the Damian Medical Center in Warsaw or Piaseczno.
- Benefits of using PHC services at Damian Medical Centre
- What is Primary Healthcare (PHC) of the National Health Fund?
- How to apply for Primary Healthcare?
- Basic information
- Additional information
- First Contact Teleplatform
Benefits of using PHC services at Damian Medical Centre
Patients who choose a primary care physician or pediatrician at Damian Medical Centre have access to free services under the National Health Fund:
50% one-time discount for a consultation with a specialist doctor at the Damian Medical Center
5% one-time discount for the procedure at the Damian Hospital
quick contact with a physician or pediatrician
teleconsultations with a physician (especially recommended in the case of symptoms such as: fever, cough, runny nose, muscle aches or sore throat)
referrals for free diagnostic tests
prescriptions for drugs (including reimbursed drugs)
sick leave in case of illness
referrals to a specialist NHF clinic
referrals to hospital, health resort or for rehabilitation treatment
access to mandatory preventive vaccinations
issuing medical decisions and health certificates
ordering medical transport
postpartum consultations and check-ups for children and adolescents
visits for the whole family
Appointments with a physician or pediatrician are carried out from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m at Damian Medical Center. On other days and hours services are provided by the Night and Holiday Medical Assistance.
|CALL US AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT|
What is Primary Healthcare (PHC) of the National Health Fund?
Primary Healthcare (PHC) is part of the healthcare system that allows eligible persons to use health care services in the area where they live. Services are provided on an outpatient basis and at the patient's home - in medically justified cases. Primary healthcare services are provided at Damian Medical Centre on:
- 36 Zjednoczenia Ave in Warsaw,
- 8B Przy Bażantarni St. in Warsaw,
- 42B Puławska St. in Piaseczno.
Only people insured through the National Health Fund can register to use Primary Healthcare services. Check if you are covered by NHF insurance at: https://www.zus.pl/pue
What is the role of a primary care doctor?
A primary care doctor is usually the first doctor we go to when we start having health problems. He or she examines us, makes decisions and, if necessary, orders further diagnostics (laboratory, imaging and non-imaging tests - ECG, USG, X-ray), or refers to another specialist or a hospital. A primary care physician may also refer patients to health resorts and for rehabilitation treatment. In addition, they deal with preventive health (e.g. preventing cardiovascular diseases) and decide whether the patient need medical transport. The doctor provides postpartum consultations and check-ups for children and adolescents, as well as issues medical decisions and health certificates. The primary care physician is also responsible for protective vaccinations, including for children and adolescents. The current vaccination schedule is available for download HERE.
When should you see your primary care doctor?
If you experience any of these symptoms, make an appointment with the doctor:
- cold, runny nose, cough,
- high or low blood pressure, heart rate
- headaches, abdominal and lower abdominal pain, joint pain, back pain, ear pain,
- getting tired quickly,
- bladder problems, burning sensation when urinating, or frequent urination
- constipation or diarrhea,
- hair loss, brittle nails,
- skin changes, rash, itching,
- thickening under the skin,
- easy bruising,
- lack of appetite or increased appetite,
- concentration difficulties
The doctor will examine you, and if your symptoms require further treatment, he/she will make a referral for a diagnostics test or a medical specialist.
Primary care nurse
Primary Healthcare services also include preventive care provided by a nurse. This includes preventive, therapeutic, diagnostic, nursing and rehabilitation services, such as:
- postpartum visits in the 3rd and 4th month of age,
- screening tests at 12 months of age and at the age of 2, 4 and 5,
- providing injections and treatments based on orders from primary care physicians and collecting material for diagnostic tests, including at the patient's home.
How to apply for Primary Healthcare?
To become our patient and use Primary Healthcare (PHC) services, you have to submit a completed application.
- If you have a Trusted Profile, you can apply online at pacjent.gov.pl. When applying, choose our Medical Center and a physician or pediatrician, and a nurse.
How to make an online declaration? See instructions.
- If you do not have a Trusted Profile, you can also submit your application at the reception of any Damian Medical Center in Warsaw:
or in Piaseczno:
Submitting the application is free of charge. You can download the English version here, but please remember to submit your application in Polish.
It is necessary to submit 2 applications for the services of a physician and a nurse, or a pediatrician and a nurse. Submitting one declaration could interfere with the nursing procedures during the visit.
As part of the Primary Healthcare, patients have the option of using telephone advice.
During the teleconsultation, the doctor may issue:
- e-prescription (learn how to use e-prescriptions)
- e-sick leave (read how does the e-sick leave work)
- e-referral (learn more about e-referral)
- e-order for medical products (read instructions of e-order for medical products)
According to the guidelines of the National Health Fund regarding telemedicine consultations, tele-advice should not concern:
- children up to 6 years of age (exception is a follow-up consultation during the treatment that was agreed during a stationary visit (e.g prescription of a drug for a continuation of treatment, issuance of a certificate based on documentation from previous visits)
- the first visit to a PHC,
- consultation in connection with a chronic disease in the course of which there was a deterioration or change in symptoms,
- situation related to the suspected cancer.
Patients (including children under 6 years of age) suspected of being infected with SARS-CoV-2 are excluded.
The NHF facility provides a possibility of stationary visits to people with suspected SARS-CoV-2 as well as patients, after making arrangements in the form of tele-advice.
- Free Primary Healthcare within the National Health Fund is available at the Medical Centre in Warsaw (36 Zjednoczenia st.) and in Piaseczno (42B Puławska st). Services are provided Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 18:00.
- Services are provided in the field of general medicine, family medicine, internal medicine and paediatrics as part of outpatient healthcare.
- Services are provided on the basis of a declaration submitted to Damian Medical Centre for selecting a primary care physician and nurse.
- Services of a primary care physician are provided without a referral.
- Patients may change the healthcare provider or primary care physician free of charge no more than twice per calendar year. Any subsequent changes carry a fee of PLN 80.
- Patients may change their healthcare provider or primary care physician free of charge if they change their place of residence or the selected primary care physician or nurse has ceased to provide services.
- There is also no fee for patients whose primary care physician is a doctor with 1st or 2nd degree specialisation, or if the patient has reached 18 years of age and the doctor is a paediatrician.
- Once the patient turns 18 years of age, declarations made by his/her legal guardian on their behalf remain valid until another primary care physician is selected.
- Services are provided on the day of request in medically justified situations. In the case of chronic diseases, continuation of treatment and when the visit to the clinic does not require medical assistance, services are provided on a date agreed with the patient.
- If a patient suddenly falls ill or their health condition deteriorates while away from home (e.g. on a business trip, holiday or while visiting family), they can take advantage of free healthcare services from another health care provider (other than the one indicated in the declaration) who has a signed agreement with the National Health Fund.
Confirmation of the right to benefits
The right to benefits is confirmed on the date of the service through the E-WUŚ system or another document confirming the right to benefits, and if this is not possible, by submitting an appropriate declaration of entitlement to benefits as specified by the Ministry of Health. The right to benefits of a child up to 3 months of age, who has not yet received their own PESEL number, is confirmed by the PESEL number of the child's parent or guardian.
What types of tests/examinations can a primary care physician refer a patient for?
If the primary care physician determines that, based on the patient's health condition, consultation or treatment with a specialist doctor is necessary, or it is necessary to perform a diagnostic test - they will issue an appropriate referral.
The patient has no right to request a referral from the primary care physician for an appointment with a specialist, tests or to a hospital. It is up to the doctor to issue such a referral, based on the patient's state of health and current medical knowledge.
Complaints and requests
Patients have the right to submit complaints in the following ways:
- orally to an employee of Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding sp. Z o.o.,
- in writing, by traditional mail or via a form available at the reception desk or online,
- by phone at 22 566 22 22,
- by email to: email@example.com
The processing time for service complaints is 7 business days, and for medical complaints - 14 business days. These deadlines may be extended for substantive reasons. If a complaint is filed on behalf of a relative, the Damian Medical Centre contacts the patient in order to confirm the complaint and collect any additional necessary information.The Masovian Regional Office of the NHF processes complaints and requests sent as follows:
- by post to the following address: 00-613 Warszawa, ul. Chałubińskiego 8
- to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via the ePUAP platform (mailbox address: /016ndson16/skrytka)
- by fax at 22 582 84 21
Night and holiday healthcare services
Night and holiday healthcare services are primary care services provided from Monday to Friday from 18:00 to 8:00 the following day and 24 hours a day on public holidays. Patients may seek help from any night and holiday healthcare point in the event of sudden illness or deterioration of health - regardless of the place of stay and the submitted declaration.The doctor on duty provides services:
- on an outpatient basis,
- at the patient's home (in medically justified cases),
- by phone.
Night and holiday healthcare services are available in the following situations:
- sudden illness;
- sudden deterioration of health, but if there are no symptoms suggesting a threat to life or significant health impairment, and the over-the-counter drugs or home remedies did not bring relief;
- if waiting for the clinic to open may have a significant adverse effect on the patient's health.
Places where night and holiday health care services are provided in Warsaw
The nearest location where night and holiday healthcare services are provided is:
- Bielański Hospital at 80 Cegłowska st., Warsaw - Bielany, tel. (22) 569-01-84
Places where night and holiday health care services are provided in Piaseczno
- St. Anna's Hospital in Piaseczno, 39 Mickiewicza st., phone: (22) 735 41 08
- Masovian Rehabilitation Center Stocer in Konstancin-Jeziorna, 40/42 Długa st., phone: (22) 888 29 20 21
Other locations can be found using the search engine: https://zip.nfz.gov.pl/GSL/GSL/PomocNocna
First Contact Teleplatform
If you feel that your symptoms are getting worse outside the working hours of primary care doctor, you may also call a free nationwide helpline - First Contact Teleplatform. By calling this number you will get necessary medical advice from a doctor or nurse.
How to use FCT?
Call the free, nationwide number: 800 137 200
When is FCT available?
- From Monday to Friday, from 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m.
- On weekends and holidays 24 hours a day.
Who can use FCT?
Teleplatform is available to people insured in Poland (calls from abroad are not supported).
Which languages are available?
Consultations are provided in the following languages:
- sign language (via video chat at https://www.nfz.gov.pl/kontakt/teleplatforma-pierwszej-kontaktu/tpk-wideorozmowa-z-tlumacze-jezyka-migowego/).
Medical transport within PHC
Medical transport within PHC is handled by the Regional Emergency Services and Medical Transport Station "Meditrans", 22 Poznańska St., 00-685 Warsaw.
Medical transport as part of PHC in Piaseczno is provided by Luxury Medical Care, tel. (22) 257 27 25, or 603 362 342
Transports may be requested by phone (22) 843-58-16 and (22) 853-21-89 from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00. Transport is provided on the basis of a referral from a primary care physician.
NHF 24h telephone hotline
The hotline provides the following information:
- healthcare services provided by other healthcare providers who have concluded an agreement with the Masovian branch of the National Health Fund,
- average waiting time for appointments,
- the first available appointment date.
The above information can be obtained by writing to the email address: email@example.com.
Patients with a referral from a primary care physician for a radiological examination can perform it at Damian Medical Centre on 3/5 Foksal st. in Warsaw. This examination does not require an appointment.
Patients enrolled for PHC in Piaseczno can undergo an examination at the Damian Medical Center in Piaseczno on 42B Puławska St.
Facilities for people with disabilities
The building has an elevator and toilet suitable for people with disabilities.