The confidentiality of personal data and the protection of our Clients’ privacy are a priority for us. Therefore, out of concern for the safety of your personal data and out of respect for the applicable provisions of law, Damian Medical Centre has established a policy specifying the principles for gathering, processing and using personal data.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data includes:
- the medical care agreement;
- the non-medical service agreement;
- the legitimate interest involving direct marketing of the data controller’s own services (including their profiling) and the recovery of claims, as well as for ensuring the safety of persons and property;
- the provisions of law;
- your consent.
Personal Data Controller
Your Personal Data Controller is Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw at Wałbrzyska 46
Personal Data Protection Officer
We have appointed the Personal Data Protection Officer. It is a person you can contact in all cases related to personal data processing and exercising the rights related to personal data processing. You can contact the Officer in the following manner:
- by letter, to the following address: Inspektor Ochrony Danych (Personal Data Protection Officer), Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding Sp. z o.o., ul. Wałbrzyska 46, 02-739 Warszawa, or by e-mail at:IOD@damian.pl.
The personal data you have provided are processed for the following purposes:
- for registration under the medical care agreement;
- for setting up and maintaining medical records;
- for making settlements with patients and entities which were supposed to pay at least for a certain part of the medical service rendered for patients, including (if necessary) for undertaking debt recovery measures, along with bringing an action before a court;
- for handling complaints, if any;
- for providing materials that promote our products and services;
- for meeting the obligation to store concrete data in accordance with specific provisions of law;
- for preparing statistical summaries and analyses taking into account the patients’ data for our internal needs;
- for pursuing the obligation resulting from the provisions on public statistics, taking into account the patients’ data;
- for defence against claims from patients (or their relatives), related to non-performance or improper performance of a medical service;
- for pursuing recourse claims against our partners, contractors and the insurance company which provides us with third-party liability insurance in connection with the payment of damages, compensation or pension for patients (or their relatives);
- for demonstrating before tax authorities the performance of the obligation under the agreement for the provision of medical services concluded with patients or on their behalf;
- for ensuring the safety of persons and property (the CCTV surveillance system installed in our facilities).
You have the following rights related to the processing of your personal data:
- the right to object to the processing of data for marketing purposes;
- the right to object to the processing of data on account of your specific circumstances – where we process your personal data based on our legitimate interest;
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to demand that your personal data be corrected;
- the right to demand that your personal data be deleted, but only when we are not legally obliged to process such data;
- the right to demand that the processing of your personal data be limited;
- the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable IT format. You may send these data to another data controller or demand that we send your data to another controller. However, we will do it only if such a transfer is technically possible.
To use the above-mentioned rights, please contact us or our Personal Data Protection Officer.
Detailed information on how to use your rights is available here >>.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority dealing with personal data protection, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
Data collected automatically
During a visit to our website, the data concerning your activity are automatically registered, including the IP address, the browser type, the operating system, etc. These data are used only and exclusively for administrative and statistical purposes.
The transfer of personal data and the communication with our servers are encoded and performed by means of the SSL protocol (Secure Socket Layer). The servers where personal data are stored are the property of the Medicover Group and are protected against unauthorised access of third parties.
To block the transfer of this type of files, it is necessary to choose appropriate settings in the web browser, bearing in mind, however, that certain functions of the website may stop working.
Securing personal data
Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding sp. z o.o. uses adequate organisational and technical measures aimed at securing the processed data. Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding sp. z o.o. makes every effort to ensure that the measures in use provide the best possible protection for the personal data and privacy of the individuals in question. The selection of the measures results from the risk analysis and assessment of the processing effects carried out by Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding sp. z o.o.
PROVISION OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Centrum Medyczne Damiana Holding Sp. z o.o. will provide your personal data to:
- entities processing data on behalf of the Personal Data Controller;
- entities authorised by law;
- entities and natural persons you have authorised.