The FRANKD test is a genetic screening test that offers a new, quick, and effective method for detecting the SARS-CoV-2 virus, developed by Polish scientists from the GeneMe laboratory. The tests are CE- and IVD-certified and comply with WHO guidelines.
- What is FRANKD test for coronavirus?
- What Makes Molecular Screening Different?
- When should you do a FRANKD test?
- How to prepare for the FRANKD test?
- Where can you perform a FRANKD test for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus?
- Tests for individuals
- Tests for companies
- How to interpret FRANKD test results?
What is FRANKD test for coronavirus?
The FRANKD molecular screening test uses the patented polymerase enzyme and detects the RNA of the SARS-CoV-2 virus through isothermal amplification of nucleic acids, without the need to use changing temperature cycles. It is a genetic test conducted at a constant temperature, contrary to the standard PCR tests. This reduces the test duration and the waiting time for the result.
A positive result of the FRANKD screening test is confirmed by the RT-PCR genetic test. The sample is collected during the screening test, so you do not need to pay extra or make another appointment.
What Makes Molecular Screening Test Different?
When should you do a FRANKD test?
Testing for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus using the FRANKD method should be done:
- in the case of contact with an infected person,
- if you are exhibiting symptoms such as fever or shortness of breath,
- when returning from a place that has many confirmed cases of coronavirus,
- if you want to be sure that you do not carry a virus and you will not infect your loved ones,
- you suspect coronavirus infection even though you have no symptoms.
|CALL US AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT|
How to prepare for the FRANKD test?
The swab should be taken on an empty stomach or at least 2 hours after the last meal. Before the test:
- do not use oral hygiene (i.e., mouthwash or brushing teeth);
- do not eat or drink at least 2 hours before the test (except water);
- do not smoke;
- do not chew gum;
- do not apply nasal ointments.
Tests for individuals
Before arriving at the collection point, it is necessary to schedule the test for a specific hour. You can do it quickly and conveniently ONLINE or by calling the following number: +48 22 566 22 22. This will help you to avoid waiting in a queue and contact other patients – who may be a potential carriers of the virus.
You can also pay for the test ONLINE or by calling +48 22 566 22 22, where the hotline consultant will help you make the payment. This will help to minimise the physical contact with other individuals during the test. The price of the test is PLN 250.
Tests for companies
Damiana Medical Center has a wide range of solutions for companies to protect against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. These include tests.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FRANKD test results are available on the next business day after 10.00 am on the test results platform, which is available at https://www.geneme.eu/wynik.
Please note that the results only reflect the time when the sample was collected. If contact with an infected person took place shortly before the test, the virus may not be active at this point.
RT PCR tests
At the Patient’s request, it will also be possible to do the test using the RT-PCR method in mobile collection points. The test costs PLN 420. More information about the SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test can be found HERE. You can buy the test at medistore.com.pl or book it via DAMIAN ONLINE and pay by card on the spot (we do not accept cash).
Interpreting FRANKD test results
A negative test result means that there is no active virus in your body. However, it you had a contact with an infected person shortly before the test, there might be no active virus yet. It can be on the patient's body (e.g. hands) and enter the body after the test.
A positive test result is 97% certain. In this case the RT-PCR test is performed from the same sample for confirmation.
Each result should be consulted with a doctor taking into consideration the patient's symptoms.
Lear more about the coronavirus tests and check the offer of other tests:
* The price shown is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer within the meaning of Article 66 paragraph 1 of the Civil Code.