Theraplus is a pulsed electromagnetic field of high frequency. This kind of field does not produce heat, but it influences the cell membrane potential, resulting in change of physicochemical properties of tissues, and an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-oedematous effect. Therapeutic treatment is based on delivering to the body very high frequency energy for a very short period of time and a long break after every impulse.
WHEN TO HAVE A TREATMENT?
- Degenerative changes of joints of limbs and spine
- Subacute and chronic arthritis and myositis
- Neuralgia and chronic neuritis
- Fractures (the procedure can be performed through a plaster cast)
- Chronic sinusitis, otitis, tonsillitis and laryngitis
- Chronic adnexitis and prostatitis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Peripheral circulation disorders
- Chronic pain
- Hypertonia in neurological disorders
- Tissue ischaemia
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS?
- Vasodilation and increased vascular permeabilit
- Better flow of artery and venous blood
- Enhancement of tissue absorption, e.g. of haematomas
- Enhancement of cellular metabolism
- Increase in leukocyte number in overheated tissues
- Lowering neuro-skeletal sensitivity
- Analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-oedematous effect
- Decrease in muscle tone
- Enhancement of regeneration of damaged nerve fibres
- Decrease in inflammatory response of joints, skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Enhancement of healing of wounds and trophic ulcers
WHEN NOT TO HAVE A TREATMENT?
- Malignant and benign neoplasm
- After neoplasm surgery condition
- Pacemaker or other metal implant
- Acute condition
- Contagious diseases
- Purulent inflammations
- Tender age