The scope of urological procedures performed in Damian Hospital is wide enough to meet most of the needs of patients requiring comprehensive treatment in this regard.
We realise that nowadays the speed of life and work of potential patients requires that surgeries be performed using minimally-invasive techniques in practically every single branch of medicine. This type of approach significantly reduces the hospitalisation time and recovery period, thereby allowing patients to quickly return to “normal life” without any deterioration to its quality (e.g. the presence of disfiguring scars which commonly occur after extensive open surgeries and operations). The particular need of the patients for quick and minimally-invasive urological procedures is fully met by endourological surgeries.
Bearing in mind the patients’ well-being, Damian Medical Centre is continuously expanding its diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities by supplying the hospital with additional state-of-the-art equipment and extending cooperation with top-class specialists in urology.
We perform unique operations of the urogenital organs in males, prostate gland operations (traditional and transurethral electro-resections), surgeries related to the treatment of urinary tract calculi, and operations on the kidneys and the urinary bladder.
The scope of urological surgeries
The urological surgeries performed in Damian Medical Centre encompass not only diagnostic procedures but also major operations related to the treatment of urogenital cancers.
Our urologists in Damian Hospital conduct the following surgeries:
- Kidney resection
- Lumbar approach nephrectomy
- Lumbar approach resection of single renal cysts
- Removal of calculi from renal pelvis
- Removal of calculi from renal pelvis and calyx - Removal of renal calculi with PNL /percutaneous nephrolithotripsy/
- Removal of ureteral calculi from upper ureter – classical method
- Removal of ureteral calculi from upper ureter – endoscopy
- Removal of ureteral calculi from lower ureter – classical method
- Removal of ureteral calculi from lower ureter – laparoscopy
- Surgical removal of calculi from urinary bladder
- Prostate adenoma surgery
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral small stones lithotripsy
- Transurethral prostate incision (TUIP)
- Transurethral electroresection of bladder tumour (TURT)
- Male urethra endoscopic incision
- Endoscopic destruction of posterior urethral valve
- Descending testes into scrotum
- Hydrocele surgery
- Resection of the testicle
- Urethral polypectomy
- Palomo varicocele surgery
- Phimosis surgery in adults
- Ureterocele endoscopic incision
- Resection of a hair-derived cyst
- Insertion of testicular prosthesis